Saturday, November 23, 2019

Art ... hot off the easel

Queen Cat, oil on gessobord, 6"x6"


`Ōhi`a (Metrosideros polymorpha), oil on gessobord, 6"x6" (SOLD)

I'm liking these little quick "sketches". It makes the creative side of my brain tingle a bit ... never tight, quick, colorful, and very freeing. I think these alla prima paintings are just what my soul is seeking. 

I'll be doing 30-minute demonstrations on these 6"x6" Ampersand gessobords at the Volcano Village Artists Hui Studio Tour and Art Sale this coming weekend, Nov 29, 30, and Dec 1, 10 am - 4 pm. I'll be there as a guest artist at Emily Herb's home and studio. 

Enjoy the `apapane singing in the `ōhi`a and koa trees as you walk or drive to each of the 6 studios that will be open to visitors. You can pick up a map of the studios at any of the businesses in Volcano. 

1 comment:

asad said...

Truly awesome! i am here to assist you about www.starsofworld.com blog. This is a wonderful website.