Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Small format artcards

`Akala, Hawaiian raspberry, watercolor, 2.5"x3.5" ($20 USD)

Chicken in a window, pigma micron .005 and watercolor, 2.5" x 3.5" (Not for Sale)

Marmalade in the sun, watercolor, 2.5"x3.5" ($20 USD)

Water lilies, pigma micron pen .005 and watercolor, 2.5"x3.5" ($20 USD)

These little drawings and paintings remind me that I need to slow down, because I seem to be able to carve only bits and pieces of my day to do something I love. These take relatively little time to do and I can finish one in a couple hours, or less.

I mean, I love my job. I really do and I work with amazing people and I know I'm destined to be a botanist and conservationist. It's my life's work and I can't imagine a better mission ... but it does take its toll. Perhaps everyone in this middle age stage goes through this. Busy with kids, work, obligations, etc. Maybe it's just important to know what you love and fix our busy lives to keep doing the fun stuff along with all the harder stuff. Celebrate the bright spots, you know?

1 comment: