I have iPhone envy. Don't get me wrong, I love my wonderfully pink Blackberry. I mean, shouldn't all phones be pink? But come on! How can I possibly not love hybrid maps, that beautifully large screen that is yearning for my touch (it is a touch screen after all), easy access to my email, and pinch zooming! I LOVE pinch zooming! I feel like I am having an affair ... with an iPhone that I do not have. Ugh, talk about unrequited love! Here is a 15-min quickie of my presently underloved Blackberry. I think that is a tear in the corner ... : (
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Ah, I've missed the smell of a newly sharpened pencil! It felt so good to have a pencil in my hand the past couple days! Drawing this plant from my front yard has done wonders for my spirit and disposition. Goodness knows what the name is tho' ... but I'm pretty sure it is in the spurge family (Euphorbiaceae). In times like this, a botany degree comes in handy. It's good to be back folks! I look forward to continuing and completing my 21-day creative drawing challenge!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Whew, I was beginning to think my drawing bug hitched a ride on the last boat off the island! This is the beginnings of my first drawing in my new moleskine. Thought I should post "something" so you knew she arrived home safely. Thanks everyone for being SO patient!
And what a way to celebrate! No sooner had my drawing bug returned that I received the Brillante Weblog award from Kate! Now, I have the honor of picking 7 other blogs that, in my opinion, are PRIMO! I am going to spread my wings and bestow the award on my newly discovered blogs. So, here goes ... in no particular order:
1. Susan Rudat - Art, Illustrations, and Other Musings. Oh goodness, her artwork is addictive!
2. May's Illustrations and Pictures. Pull up a chair and kick your shoes off and relax as you enjoy her work and a pretty French song in the background.
3. rue Manuel bis. Ok, I've known about Casey's work for awhile bit I just think you need to see her work. I think "happy" every time I visit.
4. Enigma. I wish I could draw like her! I really do!
5. Bobo's Fun Place. Julia's style is darling. Plus, check out the video of Bobo's tricks. Now THAT's one smart cat!
6. Free[k]hand. Not a stranger, but I just love the way Miguel thinks. He makes my brain kink.
7. Kathleen Rietz - Artist. One of the most talented artists I know. Thanks again for the award Kate!
If you decide to participate, the rules of accepting are as follows:
1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
LOL. I'll have to leave a note for the awardees tomorrow cuz I'm ready to fall asleep at my desk! Thanks for visiting! :)