Monday, July 21, 2008

Finally ... my drawing bug has returned!

Whew, I was beginning to think my drawing bug hitched a ride on the last boat off the island! This is the beginnings of my first drawing in my new moleskine. Thought I should post "something" so you knew she arrived home safely. Thanks everyone for being SO patient!

And what a way to celebrate! No sooner had my drawing bug returned that I received the Brillante Weblog award from Kate! Now, I have the honor of picking 7 other blogs that, in my opinion, are PRIMO! I am going to spread my wings and bestow the award on my newly discovered blogs. So, here goes ... in no particular order:

1. Susan Rudat - Art, Illustrations, and Other Musings. Oh goodness, her artwork is addictive!
2. May's Illustrations and Pictures. Pull up a chair and kick your shoes off and relax as you enjoy her work and a pretty French song in the background.
3. rue Manuel bis. Ok, I've known about Casey's work for awhile bit I just think you need to see her work. I think "happy" every time I visit.
4. Enigma. I wish I could draw like her! I really do!
5. Bobo's Fun Place. Julia's style is darling. Plus, check out the video of Bobo's tricks. Now THAT's one smart cat!
6. Free[k]hand. Not a stranger, but I just love the way Miguel thinks. He makes my brain kink.
7. Kathleen Rietz - Artist. One of the most talented artists I know. Thanks again for the award Kate!

If you decide to participate, the rules of accepting are as follows:
1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

LOL. I'll have to leave a note for the awardees tomorrow cuz I'm ready to fall asleep at my desk! Thanks for visiting! :)

6 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Hey Joan, nice to see a new post, and such a beautiful drawing. This is going to end up being a classic Joan illustration, I can tell. : )

Thanx also for the award!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

joan, i wish i could draw like YOU!!!
thanks for the award, i'm honored! and oh so much beautiful drawings i have missed!

Bobo said...

Joan, thanks for this, we're honored! Your drawings of nature always refreshed me!

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Oh Joan, I am so so honored, I am flatter too. Thanks for your compliments, I think you are a terrific artist, good drawing skills is whom I admire too! Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the award, Joan I'm so honored!!

Susan Rudat said...

Welcome back, beautiful drawing bug! This drawing is WONDERFUL, both finished and unfinished.

Thank you kindly for the award! The entire list is definitely worth the visits.