Saturday, July 9, 2016

Mamane

watercolor, 5.5"x9.5" (SOLD)

I made two discoveries today. 

First, I can listen to dozens and dozens of Greek radio stations on my phone and when combined with my little Bose speaker in my right ear, I almost feel like I am in a Greek taverna sipping ouzo watching waves of the Aegean Sea lap its shores. 

Second, depending on whether I view the same file of this mamane painting on my mac or PC, the colors are way different! The colors should be slightly greener ... more sap green, less Payne's gray. Regardless, this painting leaves me chuckling to myself. Mamane leaflets aren't quite opposite (should have remembered this as I'm a botanist after all). Ooops! Still, I'm happy with it. I have a bit more tweaking to do but I'll leave it for awhile and finish it up with fresh eyes down the road.

No comments: