Monday, September 29, 2008

"frenz 4-ever"





I've spent the past week and a half hanging out with my wonderfully talented and great friend, Kate Rietz, here in Chicago. Yes, this island girl finally made it off her rock in the middle of the Pacific to draw and spend time with her blogging buddy. These are some drawings I've done at Kate's house, of things found along our afternoon walks with pup, Sunshine, or at Starbucks. If you want to take a look at Kate's drawings, check the out here. Drawing is best done with a friend ... and one as cool as my bud. :) (PS: I am already sad about leaving).

6 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

wow--these are all wonderful! Sounds like you guys had a great visit, too. Nice to have you on the mainland, Joan!

Lisa Adams Reed said...

This or so simple and lovely. Great job and sounded like you had a wonderful visit.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, come to the mainland and don't stop by CO!!! Glad you had a good time... you deserved it!

Joan Y said...

Thanks Sue! I had such a blast visiting with Kate! I really did not want to come home!

Lisalou ... thanks! Yes, it was wonderful! And, it was fun drawing things that we don't have here. More to come!

Hi Shannon *smiling meekly* Er, yeah. Uh, uhmmmm, well, ehem, yup. LOL.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

These ALL are absolutely stunning, Jo. Absoluetley STUNNING. Great work.

Joan Y said...

Thanks Andrea! It was great to draw with Kate and capture the moments of my trip.