Friday, April 10, 2009

Marigolds are a delight!


For some reason, my once color-accurate scanner has now morphed into some weird color-mixing machine since I switched to a mac. I think it is because it is as perimenopausal as I am!  My marigolds are blooming nicely and are producing their own seeds now ... so I will be sharing them with friends as Kate has shared them with me. I'll be passing on the Rietz legacy. :) I just had to take the opportunity to draw my little flowers because their little bursts of color light up my morning when I sit amongst them and drink my coffee.

9 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Hey, it turned out great Joan! Glad I could share the love...and in turn you will do the same.

Regarding the scanner, you may have to recalibrate it...play with the settings a bit.

mrana said...

Wow Joan this is lovely! Isn't it weird, I think you're absolutely amazing with colored pencils (and paint!!) and wish my colours were as intense as yours ...

And yes, as Kate said, play with the settings a bit, it's what I had to do when I changed back to Macs and it's almost perfect now.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawing with a lovely explosion of colour.

Unknown said...

what an amazing colourful happy flowery drawing! thanks for showing us!

Unknown said...

i had to come back and have another look! I love the composition and the dark areas too!

Joan Y said...

Kate ... Thanks for the blessing! Oh, I'll take your advice regarding my scanner.

Mariana ... Wow! Really? LOL I guess we learn from each other! :)

Vic ... Thanks! Like little sunbursts! :)

Messyfish ... You're so funny. Thanks for stopping by ... twice! :)

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

What you achieve with your pencils is truly outstanding. The colours are so true and the composition top class. Dear old marigolds take me back to my childhood home garden where we had a large rectangular bed of them leading to the rose archway. Thanks for the memory.

Joan Y said...

Thanks Joan! Marigolds are one of those flowers that evoke a lot of fond memories. I'm glad I did that for you! :)

a-again said...

I'm positive you must be really pleased with these! They are wonderful, a colourful explosion, and a truly great composition. Love them! x