Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Japan bunnies ... Please donate to help.

Hi everyone! Need a bunny to hang out with? If you would like a one-of-a-kind, original work of art (2.5"x3.5") made by me, please consider buying a "Japan bunny"* of your very own. For a donation of $15 to the Red Cross or Seicho-No-Ie to support the victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, I will draw and paint a bunny similar to the ones shown here. Because they are individually done, they are all slightly different but still very cute.


For those of you that have already contacted me about your donation, please send in your donations as we've arranged and I will send that on to the Red Cross.

But from now on, we can do this in 3 easy steps!
1. If you would like your very own "Japan bunny", please let me know by leaving a comment below.
2. Make a donation directly to the American Red Cross or Seicho-No-Ie Japan Relief Fund** and save your receipt.
3. Email me a copy of the receipt with your address and I will mail the card to you!

Thanks everyone for donating to the relief effort! We've raised $495 so far (updated 4/10/11)! Woohoo!

(* Each bunny is drawn using archival ink and artist grade transparent watercolor on white 140 lb. Strathmore coldpress acid-free watercolor paper (2.5 in x 3.5 in). They are mailed in a protective clear plastic card holder.)

(** Seicho-No-Ie is a non-denominational truth of life movement and its Sendai Missionary Area experienced the brunt of the earthquake and tsunami. Your donations, if you so choose, will directly support its members and others affected in Japan. The donation link is in prep so please check back).

11 comments:

Shay said...

Hi Joan,
I am so moved to see all the outpouring of care and giving that is being shown. I was in Katrina, so I know first hand what it means to receive help from outside. Just the awareness alone helped in many ways. The fact that people understood the devastation we were going through and sympathized.
My husband and I are giving through his company, also. They will match our donation.
Take care,
~Shay

Heather said...

Very nicely done. This is truly lovely. I am so glad to find your blog -

dicet said...

great work!! Inspiring!!

Joan Y said...

Shay, I am so sorry that you had to live through Katrina. That must have been such a difficult time, I'm sure one I can't even imagine. I do feel that we are one people and if some of us are hurting, we all hurt in some way. I'm glad we are able to help those in Japan who are dealing with the same or similar devastation you once did. Thank you for your donation! I'm glad we could partner on this one!

Mahalo to Heather and dicet as well! Your comments keep me motivated to make more cards! :D

Pauline said...

Hi Joanie, I want a Japan bunny, please! Onegaishimasu. Pauline

Joan Y said...

You got it Paulinski! I'll email you. :)

SyedMuddassar said...

Drawing for business cards is a great job but its very hard work. If you print business cards in a digital card printer so i think its so easy for you.
Plastic card holder.

Joan Y said...

Thank you for the idea Muddassar.

Emeralde Ann Seaton said...

Hi Joan-
I would love to help! My heart goes out you and everyone during this difficult time.
Your bunnies and other drawings are wonderful!

Joan Y said...

Thank you Emeralde! It's so heartening to know how everyone is pulling together for the people of Japan! I will send your card out tomorrow! :D Mahalo Nui Loa!

Tetsuya Abe said...

Hi Joan!

It is highly appreciated that you do such gread deeds of love to support the victims of the Eastern Japan Great Earthquakes. Guided by President Masanobu Taniguchi, we are taught that those victims are Godess of Mercy and Salvation who are our conscience, the spokespersons of a child of God's true nature, and carry out noble mission.

Anyway, thank you again for your heartfelt help for all of us in Japan.

Tetsuya Abe