Saturday, September 1, 2007

EDM Challenge #3: Purses, wallets, bags

This Everday Matters Challenge was a lot of fun but took forever `cuz I used my Pigma Micron 005 pen (I had to cheat and used my 01 for some of the shadow ... otherwise, it would have taken me longer than forever to finish!). I know it doesn't look like there's anything in it but I recently "detoxed" my purse so it now holds only my essentials: my wallet, cellphone, Kleenex, and keys. They're in there! Stand by for a drawing of my bulging wallet ... Now, that's ANOTHER story!

Hope you're all having a great long weekend! Happy drawing!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fanastic works-really enjoyed having a look at your challenge items. Will chat more later.

Serena Lewis said...

WOW!!! Love the bag...great work, Joan!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Cute purse!

You certainly are a low-maintenance kind of girl! My "essentials" include same as your list, but add Purel hand wipes, my favorite lip stick, a powder compact, 2 pens (one for drawing and one for writing), business cards, an extra ponytail holder and hand lotion.

Another great drawing, Joan!

PNH said...

Your sketches are truly wonderful, who needs a camera when you can draw like that.

Linda said...

Great drawing! Don't you just love drawing with that 005?
:-)

mrana said...

Wow Joan this is a brilliant sketch! Great detail and texture, I love it.

Genine said...

This is fantastic!!! I love the hatching!!!

Teri said...

Fantastic work Joan!! WOW!! I love all the detail.

Joan Y said...

Thanks for the incredible comments everyone! They mean so much to me.

Kate - I'll do a drawing of the things I pulled out of it ... now THAT's what it usually looks like!

Linda - Yes! 005s are fantastic! I picked up a new one at the store yesterday ... I keep using them up!

Maria said...

Stunning, Joan! What a gorgeous and detailed drawing!

Joan Y said...

Hey Maria! Thanks so much for the comment! :) How are things on the West Coast?

Ashley's Art said...

This is so amazing 2 me! You are such a fabulous artist!I just love this one, im a girly girl so i love that you drew your purse!!!

Anita Davies said...

Fantastic sketch of a VERY nice handbag!

Joan Y said...

Hey Ashley ... too bad it's not hot pink!
Anita ... mahalo!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great drawing! IT may have taken you along time, but it sure was worth it. Great job!