Monday, September 24, 2007

Woolgathering's 1000th drawing!!!

One thing that I've learned from Elizabeth Perry of Woolgathering is that everyday life matters. It is the "slowing down, the sitting down, the noticing" that offers an "excuse to pause and daydream, to woolgather." Congratulations Liz on your 1000th blog post! There are very few of us that can possibly claim that!

I'd like to dedicate this drawing to Liz. Pausing at a picnic stop to draw Mokolii Island on Oahu allowed me to slow down ... and really enjoy the views of Kaneohe Bay in the way that Liz has done. She's captured in her 1000 posts, everyday things like her sleeping child, a piece of fruit, many snippets of life that she chose to share with us. Thank you Liz for being an inspiration to me and to many other art bloggers out there. We're looking forward to your next 1000!!

8 comments:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Great link Jo, I've never actually been to Elizabeth's blog before - which I find hard to believe as I seem to spend an awful lot of time looking at drawing blogs.

Beautiful drawing. You get better and better, really beautfiul.

suzanne cabrera said...

Wow, what a beautiful quite moment you've captured. Wish I was there!

Making A Mark said...

What a nice post - both drawing and text! You have some spectacular scenery.

juj said...

Bravo Elizabeth! and bravo to you as well Jo. Beautiful post and beautiful drawing, as well as a great lesson learned.

Anonymous said...

I detect serenity in your two latest drawings of landscapes -- which to me makes the stopping and observing all worthwhile!
I check out Elizabeth Perry's posts every day, and she does have a lot to teach us in terms of pausing and drawing.

Joan Y said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I guess I learn my lessons from all of you! :)

Anonymous said...

A nice sketch and nice tribute...you did such a great job on the tree.
Ronell

Genine said...

I absolutely love this (and the last post).

It looks like a beautiful place!!!