Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Smart Computing Interview!

A few months ago, I was approached by a writer from Sandhill Publishing and invited to be interviewed for the November issue of Smart Computing magazine that featured art-related websites! I was so thrilled to come home from my vacation to a package that held a couple copies of the magazine with this Drawing on Nature Artblog featured in the "That's News to You" section (green box) on page 41! You may read the article if you subscribe or just google "Joan Yoshioka" and "Smart Computing."

The article shows three drawings, my tropical flowers in colored pencil, Shaggy the dog in watercolor, and my Star Wars figurines in pen. I was quick to call my friend to let her know that her dog is featured in a national magazine! Of course, the world is now privy to my little-known Star Wars obsession, but I figured that is just a small price to pay! LOL.

Thanks Kris Glaser! (the very professional writer who was so generous to send me the magazines and so pleasant to deal with).

14 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Congratulation... too bad about the Star Wars thing LOL

Unknown said...

Joan, this is brilliant! They picked a fantastic blog - and an even more fantastic artist - to feature!

Congrats, my friend!

A Brush with Color said...

Wow--congratulations big time, Joan! I'll have to read that now. Excellent image here, too! Way to go! It's true--they did pick a winner to profile.

Kathleen Rietz said...

That is such a highlight, Joan! You just never know who is reading our blogs! How inspiring. Congrats.

Joan Y said...

Thanks Capt. Elaine! Yeah, I feel kind of sorry for myself.

Ryan ... Thanks! I am honored cuz there are so many other more deserving blogs, like yours! :)

D ... Thanks bud!

Sue ... Thanks so much! I am touched.

Kate ... Yes, I am amazed sometimes. Thanks for your friendship and support!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Hi Joan ~ I drew your name today and you won my Treasure Trade featuring one of my "Annie Had Tea With a Kingfisher" note cards w/ envelope! Pls stop by my blog and email me with your mailing info. Congrats!

JC said...

Congrats Joan! That is so awesome. They picked the right blog, as it has and continues to be an inspiration to me and many others. Those sketches are so wonderful. By the way, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo with the fall leaves a couple of posts back. WOW!!!

Lisa Adams Reed said...

What an honor and well deserved!Very cool!
Lisa

wagonized said...

How cool is that! Congrats on the feature, Joan!
I love your drawing of the cover.

Serena Lewis said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Love your 'Smart Computing' sketch too ~ :)

mrana said...

Yay, they couldn't have picked a better artist! That's wonderful Jo!

suzanne cabrera said...

Congratulations Joan...that is fantastic!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joan, after reading the article I came to your site and I think your drawings are very nice!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool Joan. What a nice write-up. You so deserve it. I love to visit your blog and admire your drawings.

Mellanie