Friday, July 20, 2007

EDM #125 - Bird (8th Fact)

Fact #8: Geese freak me out!

I once watched one of these white jobbers attack my aunty and give her a humungous bruise on her butt. I watched this particular goose from the comfort of my driver's seat and didn't dare get out. No tasty morsel for this guy. I was just hoping he'd go away. LOL.

Ok, those are my 8 random facts.

Thanks again Mariana (Bit by Bit) for tagging me. These are the rules:
1-post these rules
2-each person tagged must post 8 random(... hopefully interesting) facts about themselves
3-tags should write a blogpost of these facts
4- at the end of the post 8 more bloggers are tagged and named
5-go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged.

Now, who to tag next ...

1. Kathleen Rietz (Kathleen Rietz - Artist)
2. DRB (Daily Art [mas o menos])
3. Brian Nelson (Brian's Art Blog)
4. Bev (Little Friday Stories)
5. Serena Lewis (Searen Art and Design)

(I am reserving the right to choose my next three in a bit. Anyone WANT to be tagged?)

12 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Hey Joan, Cool goose! I had one chase me once with its beak wide open and hissing at me, so I know what you mean about them being a little freaky.

I'm tagged, I'm tagged! Okay, so I am going to try to get to at least one fact very soon. I loved your idea of posting drawings to accompany each fact. I may do that...or maybe I will post some photos. How fun!!

Hey, I am going to go email you now...TTYL! -kate

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

This is AMAZING Jo. Amazing.

Tracy said...

i love the goose! just wonderful!i admire the manner of crosshatching. it is really beautiful.
as far as real geese are considered - they're not the nicest things are they? so territorial. amazing something so relatively small can be so threatening but they are!

Diane Cutter said...

What a beautiful job you've done here with that crosshatching! You might not like geese but you certainly drew this one very well!!!

mrana said...

I should have asked you to do more random facts, Joan, I'm so disappointed that you're done! Loved them all and this goose is amazing ... had to get up close and examine the great hatching work!

Joan Y said...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Lynn said...

This is really great. I also like the crosshatching/shading, and I really like the interesting use of color.

Joan Y said...

Thanks Lynn. I had just bought the pen the same day I drew this. It was a very nice change and added a totally different feel to the drawing. Thanks!

juj said...

What a great goose - and the color choice really sets the mood. Having been chased by a goose or two myself I have to agree with you - these things are facinating to watch, but only from the saftey of the car!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Joan...thanks for the tag. :) I'll post my 8 facts now.

Anonymous said...

Love the green and I really admire your technique. That background is so well done. I'm just getting back into pen & ink and I'm studying everyone's pieces gathering knowledge.

Crumpled Paperbirds said...

This is what I call green:)
Your hatching technigue is great! Wonderful goose!