Sunday, July 8, 2007

EDM #17 - Instrument (1st Fact)

I've been tagged by the wonderful artist Mariana and requested to present 8 random facts about myself. I thought ... hmmm ... this is going to be tough! So, I've decided to illustrate each fact as a blog entry. To be honest, this has less to do with being creative as giving myself some time to think of 8 interesting enough facts. LOL. And, I might be creative enough to check off some of my EDM challenges! :) P.S. I'll post the rules on my last entry.

Ok, here's fact one ...

#1. I can't get through a cello concerto without tearing up. I swear, if we went to a live concert, you'd better have hankies available.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

oh you are creative - just admit it LOL.... who else thinks to do their random facts are drawings! clever and wonderful
now this cello - so so pretty. and its been way too long since i've been to any concert live but i might cry. i know i've cried in museums when i've seen an original piece of work by an artist i admire.
can't wait to read and look at your next fact!

biteyourowntail said...

Lovely drawing and i know exactly what you mean about the cello. Actually, it's all stringed instruments for me, but cellos, oh yes...

mrana said...

Joan what a great idea! I wish I'd thought of it, it would at least have given me time to think up facts that were a bit more interesting ... AND got some strange drawing ideas started up! Love the cello (and your great drawing of it!) and its deep mellow tone, though I'm a violin fancier myself.

Joan Y said...

Thanks Tracy, Sarah, and Mariana!
Tracy - Do you cry at sappy movies like I do?
Sarah - YoYo Ma is my hero.
Mariana - I love the cello because it's deep resounding tones sound like humming to me ... the vibrations are so soothing. Do you play the violin?

mrana said...

no I don't unfortunately ... I used to play the piano a long time ago but haven't touched a musical instrument in years! My ex-husband is a singer and played lead guitar so I guess I kept in touch that way :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cello! So very well done.